Optimization of test projects
Digital transformation is currently presenting the automotive industry with major challenges, such as the development of proprietary vehicle operating systems and highly automated driver assistance systems, the networking of vehicles, constant software updates or the subsequent delivery of new functions over the air. These areas require efficient and reliable validation. The necessary depth of testing can only be achieved through a high degree of automation.
As a software and systems organization with over 30 years of experience in the field of automotive testing, MicroNova supports automobile manufacturers and suppliers in designing suitable test processes, while also offering technical support for subsequent implementation.
- Consulting and training on the most suitable test process
- Consulting and training on the appropriate test method
- Implementation of the test automation solution EXAM
- Deployment of suitable tools (e.g. Test Case Generator)
- Implementation of integrated tools for test automation
- Ramp-up and optimization of trades
Our consulting services range from the conceptual design and selection of the appropriate test method, the support for tool extensions and the initial setup of the test automation solution to the complete test project.
The extensive training services offered by MicroNova Consulting include workshops for the selection and introduction of the test process and the appropriate test automation for the particular application, as well as trainings on our EXAM test automation solution and the Test Case Generator (TCG).
- Test planning and management
- Test analysis and design
- Test implementation and execution
- Evaluation and reporting
- Completion of test activities
- Introduction to the various test methods
- Synchronization with requirements management
- Test case generation
- Introduction to the basic functions
- Manual test case generation
- Integration of the TCG into the EXAM test automation solution
- Final test (EXAM driver’s license)
MicroNova Consulting supports the optimization of test projects as well as the setup of test houses - from concept to test report.
- Improved maintainability and reduced downtimes lead to optimized test environments and lower costs.
- A clear assignment of responsibilities thanks to clear processes simplifies procedures.
- More transparency reduces management effort and increases scalability.
The growing variety and complexity of ECU software is increasingly requiring nighttime and weekend test runs. As the complete toolchain is usually in the development stage, and often a large number of different testers work with it, such test runs can easily become unstable and the error rate rises. These factors also make efficient support more difficult and can lead to unnecessarily long downtimes.
To make test processes simpler and more reliable, MicroNova consultants analyze numerous test workflows and develop a framework for standardized test case creation. Within this framework, the entire toolchain and the test benches are initialized as the very first step – the basic settings are defined. From this, test engineers can then configure the necessary tools for the respective test case. Consequently, unused tools are not incorporated in the first place. The result is a faster, leaner and consistent initialization.
This approach makes support much easier and quicker. A modeling guideline also supports those involved in testing in using the framework. Additionally, regular training courses are being offered.
MicroNova’s experts support manufacturers and suppliers not only in the optimization of existing test processes, but also in the planning and launch of complete test departments – from the design of HiL systems, test process planning and selection of the appropriate toolchain through to introduction of the test automation solution EXAM. Appropriate modeling guidelines are drawn up in order to prepare test engineers for their work with EXAM and the creation of environment models in Matlab Simulink.
Test data can often be distributed over many different databases. To ensure an overview of all implemented test cases and test runs at all times, MicroNova consultants analyze the data pool, identify the required data sources and prepare the information for a Test Management Dashboard. Regular coordination meetings are held with the customer in order to customize such a dashboard exactly to their requirements.