NovaCarts Engine is an engine HiL system with a wide range of uses that automotive manufacturers and suppliers can use to test virtually all engine control units in realistic conditions in real time. It can simulate both different types of internal combustion engines as well as different engine sizes (up to 16 cylinders).
Since NovaCarts Engine provides all the signals required for error-free control unit operation, this modular HiL is ideal for automated tests e.g. for start-up scenarios or for different load points. NovaCarts Engine can be operated as a standalone system or in combination with powertrain and comfort components.
NovaCarts Engine systems can be simply and quickly upgraded to meet the new demands of future engine control units in order to ensure long-term utilization.
- Optimum system utilisation: NovaCarts Engine simulates the appropriate environment for almost every engine control unit and can therefore be used in a variety of ways - regardless of whether it is a petrol or diesel engine, in normal, gas or mixed operation.
- Cost-effective tests for all engine sizes: NovaCarts Engine eliminates the need to purchase special, rarely used test systems for large engines with eight to 16 cylinders. For such engines, two systems can simply be coupled within a few minutes (master-slave operation).
- Future-proof: Fast and cost-effective adaptation to future, more complex ECU requirements thanks to modular design
- Quick change of engine type: When a control unit is connected to the wiring harness, the HiL simulator automatically adjusts to the respective injection method.
- Maximum flexibility: The modular, individually configurable subsystems of NovaCarts Engine allow typical engine signals, fault simulation and installed valves to be varied within the shortest possible time.
- Extremely short changeover times: Realization of adaptations and DUT changes within the shortest possible time - thanks to interface adapter and clear, spatially separated structure of the various components (low-power signals / high-power signals / real parts / system supply)
- Vehicle bus node with all common bus systems (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, CAN FD, Ethernet, etc.)
- The open and powerful model platform with response times of a few microseconds thanks to the allocation of individual processor cores for time-critical applications allows high-resolution simulations in ultra-real time (e.g. internal cylinder pressure or cylinder deactivation)
- Can be used with real elements, realistic simulations and rest-bus simulations
- Exact simulation of all engine typical signals (e.g. engine speed, digital and analog crankshaft signals, camshaft signals, injection and ignition signals, knocking signals)
- Complex sensor and actuator simulation available as an option (e.g. simulation of lambda sensors, piezo/magnetic injectors)
- Measurement logging for pulse width, injection valve and ignition angle signals and timing
- Parallel control of terminals KL30, KL15, HR1, HR2, EKP1 and EKP2 through engine simulator and control unit
- In Lastenbox integrierte Fuel-Stratified-Injection(FSI)-Einspritzventile
- Direct connection of external injection valve load boxes to the engine simulator
- Operation of up to eight real parts simultaneously